Re: [OM] More old aeroplane photos.

Subject: Re: [OM] More old aeroplane photos.
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:58:41 +0100
On 11 September 2013 00:07, Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ian:
> The Canadian version, taken in 2012. Not a great scan (W*lm*rt). That
> year, only 6 Merlins as one of the Hurricanes and the P-51 didn't fly.
> The big P&W radial is obvious; the Allison (P-40)isn't.

Nice one.  I think the P-40 is 2nd from the left in the photo, is that
right?  The corsair's wings are a dead giveaway, even more so than the
engine, and the dihedral and thin wings of the plane next to it says
"Spitfire", the very shallow dihedral on the plane at the left side of the
shot says "hurricane" to me.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer