Re: [OM] Sony card rescue software.

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony card rescue software.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 17:31:37 -0700
On 9/1/2013 9:48 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> Moose, Do you know about TestDisk & PhotoRec? Open source and very
> powerful. I managed to recover from an accidental format. Command line
> interface shouldn't put you off.
>
> <http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download>

Thanks for the link! I've not, luckily, needed any such apps. But I'll put this
and the Sony app on my travel computer.

I don't delete images except for the last shot, so they are all written
sequentially. My workflow away from home of
downloading to netbook+, backing that up to a separate portable drive and
keeping images on the card as long as possible
has proved to be quite robust so far.

Now with a pair of 64 GB SDHX cards for the two main cameras, I may not need to
switch cards even on a long trip. Class
10 cards with UHS-1 perk up the shot to shot time on the latest Olys.

I only posted this because I recalled someone mentioning they couldn't download
it, but didn't recall who. And I bugged
Sony to help their buyers and their cred, if they listen.

Rescue Moose