Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:35:57 -0500
On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Internet Explorer is awful!  Try Google Chrome.

I think that's the conventional wisdom, but I've watched Firefox fall from
favor and I watch Chrome sort of start humble and then get more junk
attached to it.  I seem to detect a pattern.

I started using IE this summer for a few things and noted that it sort of
works OK now.  If you can neutralize a few things, it is as fine to use as
Chrome.  I also figure Microsoft is invested in not allowing the OS to be
ruined via its own browser, so I would generally feel good if IE worked for
me, and I continue to try to make it do so (though I'm on Chrome right now
and pretty comfortable with it).  Incidentally, I got rid of third-party
virus checkers too and use MS Security Essentials, whose sole purpose I
would like to think is to guard my use of the computer, rather than to keep
trying to get me to buy more protection for this and that blah blah blah.

Joel (Fool's Paradise) W.