[OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question

Subject: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question
From: <r.burnette@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 0:21:53 -0400
I am working with a new HP computer running Windows 7 Premium (64 Bit) and
Explorer 10. I have the pop-up blocker enabled. Only one third party
toolbar(AdAware)is enabled But I am still getting a terribly annoying ad box at
the bottom left section of the window. It slides out to the right displaying a
rectangular pop-up ad window approx. 4" W X 3" H displaying various ads. You
can click on an X to hide the ad, but a black sidebar approx. 1/2" W X 3" H
remains behind. It allows you to click the X and open the ad. (Can't imagine
who might want to do that.)

I feel certain that it is a piggy-back program from something inadvertently
downloaded and left behind after the host program was deleted. Has anyone else
had this annoying experience who was able to successfully delete it? When it
pops open, which it repeatedly does even while reading email, it blocks the
view of that portion of the active screen. It is quite aggravating having to
continually click on the X to close this while trying to work on anything.

Come on, computer gurus. Tell me how to fix this. Make it simple. I am not very
windows savvy.

My experience trying to get this machine up and running has made me want to hug
and kiss my Macs.

Robert