Re: [OM] BBC

Subject: Re: [OM] BBC
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:23:37 -0700
On 8/28/2013 5:21 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> No comments at all?!!!

Why comment? As Chris suggests, probably just some overworked, underpaid
schmuck made a mistake.

Had you read the story, and nobody caught the mistake, would it have made any
difference at all to your understanding of
the story, or feelings about it?

As a person who would never have seen the story (still haven't), knows that
people have been slaughtering each other for
at least all of recorded history, and are certainly doing so now, generally for
reasons I disapprove, I wonder what
meaning it has, what any reader/viewer gains from any particular account, and
especially from any accompanying photo. Be
assured that others are being slaughtered elsewhere, about whom you will never
hear.

I understand that it would be nice if journalistic standards were better, and
rising, rather than declining, but I can't
get excited by a silly slip here or there.

"Remember The Crimean Cannonballs!"

"Kill them all, God will know His own."

Life Goes On Moose