Re: [OM] Loose Loonies (was: IMG: Free hugs)

Subject: Re: [OM] Loose Loonies (was: IMG: Free hugs)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:23:35 -0400
For me, this was measurable each time I took my car to its favorite mechanic.
The garage has a subscription to People Magazine. When the car was driving me
to drink, I got to read people three or four times a year. As the years passed,
I noted that I recognized fewer and fewer "celebrities" on People's pages.

Now, when the car is running well and doesn't go to the doctor often at all, my
exposure to People has diminished to the point where I recognize about 5
percent of the people pictured.

And it doesn't bother me at all. I find I don't want to know anything about
them.

I would say they can rot in hell for all I care, but I really wouldn't wish
that on someone just because People Magazine views them as a celebrity. I
generally reserve my "rot in hell" for certain telemarketers and politicians,
not necessarily in that order.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal