Re: [OM] An E-M5 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] An E-M5 problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 22:15:08 -0700
On 8/18/2013 9:40 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>> Anyone else having a problem with the damn eye cushion coming off all the
>> time????
> YES!! A royal PITA. Subject to many threads on the various forums. A
> real design flub.

Color me mystified. I've got over 8,500 shots on my E-M5, and never had a lick
of trouble with the eye cup.It's never
been off, intentionally or accidentally. When this thread started, I pushed up
enough to see it start to come unclipped,
but let it snap back into place.

I can see where a neoprene case, especially if tight fitting, could catch and
pull on it. But all the others with
trouble are a mystery to me. I do often carry it in a bag but it rests lens
down, with the back only covered with a
cover that just lays over it when closed, so maybe nothing ever pulls on it
with any force. In the field, it's always
around my neck, so it is against my shirt or jacket much of the time.

I do seem to have lost the hot shoe cover, and the shoe/special connection
cover on the E-PM2. I think that happened
when I put the flash on in a cave.

On 8/18/2013 3:03 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> No - Quickgrip. (Pliobond, whatever - yellow contact adhesive).
> I had the problem, and no broken catches.
> Same with the Canon ones.
> Sometimes they jus come out of the channel and they never quite go back in to
> stay.

I must have over 20,000 shots on three Canon bodies. Not a single eye cup has
come off accidentally. I did use a
Varimagni like magnifier, but the eye cups always clipped back on fine.

As I said, the two Canons I've found on the ground both had broken frames.

Mystified Moose