[OM] OM4 focusing problem

Subject: [OM] OM4 focusing problem
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:52:28 +0100
A friend has an OM4 which has an intermittent problem.  When looking
through the viewfinder, the centre of the image is in focus, but the
rest is blurred.

The camera will exhibit this behaviour for several frames, then it
will work normally for the next few, and so on.  This happens
regardless of the lens fitted.

I got him to remove and reseat the focusing screen, but that made no
difference.  A "repairer" has reported that the mirror is correctly positioned.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions ?  I am wondering if there
is something loose in the viewfinder optics.

Mike Bloor