Re: [OM] E-M5 baby bag

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 baby bag
From: <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:24:52 -0500
Cc: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Label can be removed with tedious careful use of X-acto knife. Worked for me,
but I don't have a solution for the price.
---- Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/23/2013 2:01 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> it's the F-5XB:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Domke-F-5XB-Shoulder-Belt-Black/dp/B00009R89L

The smaller F-5XA might be a better fit.

The Domkes seem pricy to me, and I don't like the big, sewn-on label that makes
what could be a bag for anything into an
obvious target. I've an even tinier Domke, long discontinued, but I just tried
it, and it's too small for that kit.

Thrift stores can be a great source of small camera bags, often unused seeming.

Personally, I'm most happy with waist bags. The Lowepro PhotoRunner I just
mentioned is far my most used bag since
downsizing to µ4/3 (and before, with OMs), with excellent waist straps that can
hide away and a good shoulder strap. I
sometimes use both, to distribute the weight of a full bag.

OTOH, recently when carrying both E-M5/75-300 and E-PM2/12-50 around my neck,
I've used a smallish LL Bean waist pack to
carry 9-18, Panny 20/1.7, flash, small binocs, spares, etc.

I do have a heavy duty fabric belt for bags with a good belt loop. Better than
having them pulling my pants down. :-)

It's My Bag Moose