[OM] One more lens to look for--shot of new member of the family

Subject: [OM] One more lens to look for--shot of new member of the family
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 23:47:10 -0400 (EDT)
Minority Moose writes
>>From about 1:4 or 1:5 to infinity, an excellent lens, but I bought it
>>for macro.

The highly vaunted OM Z. 90mm is nicely corrected a wide open and for
the narrow dof aficionadi that might be important.  I had been
skeptical that is is really
much better than the tammy 90 or vivitar S1 90mm (same optically as the
Tokina ) which can go 1:1 with matching TC.  Later (?4 years ago) saw a
thread on FM with identical nice shots at lower mag where the OMZ  90
excels compared to the VivS1 at moderate aperture, IIRC.  The OMZ did
indeed have something alittle extra despite nearly identical MTF
curves.  The background separation was just a wee bit nicer with a 3D
effect.  The competition images were nice too and w/o A:B comparison
nothing might be missed.  Worth the extra dosh?  I don't know
but am now convinced it is a bit different.  Clearly not worth it for
Moose who wanted it to excel at higher mags. Actually the Viv S1 90mm
withe the matched TC at 1:1 has a tad less LoCA
than Big Foot despite the latter being  "APO".  I am not trading in BF
anytime soon though.

  I like the Viv S1 for film and digital and grabbed a quick hand-held
shot this weekend of our new family member.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2678858580&k=TBPG98c&lb=1&s=L

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Macro-2010/12031654_hm7vCL#!i=1175882865&k=wF8fHMC&lb=1&s=L

Mike