Re: [OM] Now wait just a gosh darned minute! [was E-M5 baby bag]

Subject: Re: [OM] Now wait just a gosh darned minute! [was E-M5 baby bag]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 12:38:37 -0700
On 8/4/2013 9:32 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> It appears the the Photo Runner 100 has interior/exterior dimensions the
> same as the Chinese one you just bought

In the 100 pics, it 'looks' tighter across the width of the opening. I wonder
if the 75-300 with hood will fit.

>   but, alas, the exterior pockets
> are anything but capacious.  I can get an Oly charger and  spare battery
> in one and a remote trigger control plus other odds and ends in the
> other.  But that's about it.

Exactly. The other design has a pocket that will hold any of the E-PL or PM
series bodies as a back-up, as well as a
compact lens like the 20/1.7, a bag of batteries and cards, extension tube(s),
50/8 lens cap lens and so on. If full of
loose bits, one must be careful opening it, though. Thus the small bag for
batteries and cards.

The straps for tripod that go over the top and prevent opening it still make as
little sense as before. Instead of
rethinking those and maybe adding elastic pockets on the ends, they have
faithfully reproduced the old design.

> I've yet to actually try to use it in the field.

I used mine a lot with OM film cameras, and even with the Canon 300D, but the
5D forced me to  the larger Inverse 200AW
waist pack, which has its own quirk. The Photorunner has received heavy use
again with the E-M5.

Baggy Moose