Re: [OM] One more lens to look for

Subject: Re: [OM] One more lens to look for
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 13:17:34 -0700
On 7/15/2013 7:16 AM, Vick Ko wrote:
> Yep, may as well ask....
>
> Looking for 90mm f2 Macro Zuiko

Minority opinion - I was very disappointed with the one I had. It was in
excellent apparent condition, from exterior to
glass.

 From about 1:4 or 1:5 to infinity, an excellent lens, but I bought it for
macro.  The closer in I went, the less
impressive the results. 50/3.5 macro, 80/4 and 135/4.5 bellows lenses, Tamron
90/2.5 and Kiron 105/2.8 are all better
closer than 1:4, as are other, non-OM mount lenses.

There used to be a couple of others here who shared my opinion, but they may be
gone by now. Fortunately, it's great rep
made it easy to sell on on the list. :-)

Minority Moose