Re: [OM] (OM) OT Vehicles

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Vehicles
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:10:00 -0600
> There is a popular swap that drops a 5L mustang motor into a miata. It's
> called the Monster Miata. Supposedly not that bad handling afterwards, if
> that can be believed. And a fairly straightforward swap, all things
> considered.

The most exciting conversion I've ever seen was a Miata with a
twin-turbo rotory engine from a 3rd gen RX7. Modded up, it was
somewhere north of 400 HP. Kinda a suicide machine, in reality. The
Miata just wasn't made for anything over 200 HP without serious
stiffening. The RX7 body was made for it and wasn't that much bigger
or heavier.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx