Re: [OM] (Very OT) Rental Car Insurance, UK style

Subject: Re: [OM] (Very OT) Rental Car Insurance, UK style
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:33:44 -0400
Sigh. Several of the sites I read set the excess at 1600 pounds. That's a good
bit of cash.

I've read and re-read my VISA rental car coverage benefit, and it _seems_ to
cover just about everything, including a provision that you must refuse any and
all offers at the rental counter. Tina speaks highly of her American Express
experiences, so maybe the card companies are onto something. The reviews I read
indicated that VISA was best, with Mastercard struggling to keep up. I don't
recall reading anything specifically about AMEX.

One of my questions when I call them for clarification is whether I need to
have the cost of the bloody car in reserve for the car company before VISA pays
up.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal