Re: [OM] E-M5 baby bag

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 baby bag
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 14:24:08 -0500
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ugh, this isn't a good news at all, Paul.
>
> Nope.  Have had better.

> She must have liked this job if she stuck around for so many years.
>
> It wasn't bad.  She was very good at it, had a good, solid relationship
with most of her vendors.  The mill had been owned by a Greek guy back when
they started, but several years back was sold to a Russian firm that's been
buying a bunch of small steel mills and consolidating.  The people that
were let go were all that were left from the original crew.  Sad thing is
that the HQ in Pennsylvania doesn't have a melt shop like her mill did and
has no clue how to handle that.  Oh, well.

> Good thing is that the economy is slowly improving and there are more jobs
> around. Hope she finds something soon.

She's had a nibble already - much less money, but at least it would be
something for now.  If the Veterans Administration would just come through
with what we're owed, we'd actually be fine on my salary and continue to
use hers plus her Social Security to finish paying off credit cards and
re-build a cushion.

--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard