Re: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
Game Nathan! --Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal On Jul 23, 2013, at 5:47 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote: >If
you had been born on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain, as I was, you  >would
have a lot more clarity on who the good guys are.

I'll bite...:)

You remember a not so good movie called "Saving Private Ryan" that won buncha
awards? Actually, I am really talking about the first twenty minutes that
scarred so many people for life.

Well, if you grew up behind the Iron Curtain you probably saw hundreds similar
movies. There was a Soviet machine dedicated to producing them in infinite
numbers. You did not have a choice as it was mandatory to see at least five of
them a year. Main purpose was to understand what really war is and why you
should never, never ever wish one. Did I say mandatory?

Needless to say, the movies we had to see were much more gory and realistic
than "Saving Private Ryan". I still vividly remember a scene in which a German
tank buries a Russian soldier in a trench by spinning in one place..

The Communism fell, because people were stupid enough to waste money on such
silly things. One of the silliest things you would ever hear was an expensive
park built by the daughter of our communist leader. Its name is roughly
translated as "The Bells of Unity". In the park there there are numerous
monuments and also a bell for each country in the world. Later, the park was
open to everyone, but adults were not allowed to ring the bells. The Bulgarian
government at the time had the dumb idea to gather children for a week or a
month, (I dont remember how long) from each country of the world and give them
a chance to spend some time together, and get to know each other. What was even
dumber, the evil Communists believed that once they grow up (the kids that is),
if a tension between two countries arises, the kids now full grown ups, would
remember their friends in the other country, the good times they had, how
interesting they were and that despite some
 cultural differences, how they were pretty much the same underneath and all
that liberal garbage if you get my drift...and would think twice, before
declaring war. Everything paid by the Bulgarian taxpayer of course. Such
shinanigans were frequently staged with the purpose of further brainwashing the
youth of the world.

I know you Westerners say that we were being brainwashed, but this is the stuff
that we were being brainwashed with. I can go on and on and on about the
stupidity of the Communists, but am too lazy and they arent worth it, and
unless if you really insist, I can tell you a little more about the real life
behind the Iron Curtain.

Best

Boris