Re: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:56:55 +1000
Yeah, and I recall now the system was called OMEGA.

>From Wikipedia:

"OMEGA was the first truly global radio navigation system for aircraft,
operated by the United States in cooperation with six partner nations. It
enabled ships and aircraft to determine their position by receiving very low
frequency (VLF) radio signals in the range 10 to 14 kHz, transmitted by a
network of fixed terrestrial radio beacons, using a receiver unit. It became
operational around 1971 and was shut down in 1997."

...Wayne