[OM] It's Mid season Hybrid daylily time

Subject: [OM] It's Mid season Hybrid daylily time
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:16:26 -0400 (EDT)
AG writes:

>>My mom bought more than a few of his hybrids. She collected daylily
>>and iris hybrids. It was easy for me to buy her presents--just got her
>>bulbs. Some of those fancy ones were EXPENSIVE!!!

We sometimes drive down to Tranquil lake almost to RI to pick out a few
to adopt.

http://www.tranquil-lake.com/

It was late in the season once and only a few pricier ones were in
bloom.  One was 45 bucks that we splurged on and brought home.  Most
were
12-15.   Hybrid daylilies can be addictive.  I won't even start on the
hybrid echinacea. They can go in Marnie buckets and don't require so
much maintenance.  I especially like "tomato soup" and "hot papaya"
though "flame thrower" is no slouch.

Mike