[OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 06:44:22 +1200
Hi all,

This is very much off topic.

I have wondered for maybe ten years how it was that the USA, Israel, and
other countries could pin-point with deadly accuracy and in real time, such
things as the movement of missile shipments in Syria, terrorist leaders in
Indonesia, internal military leaders in Gaza (even in moving vehicles), and
other people with identified cell-phones.
While these tiny devices are switched on and constantly communicating with
the cell network, by huge amplification of the signals and triangulation of
signals within a network of satellites sitting in stationary orbit around the
equator, their location can be plotted continuously within seconds, and the
results of that plotting conveyed to the Utah (and elsewhere) based pilots of
drones.and controllers of fighter aircraft ( as in Israel.)

Details of the vital Australian involvement in this activity were revealed
yesterday in several NZ Fairfax print newspapers - but not on line.
However, one important Aussie paper DOES have it on line - at the
moment.
Pine gap is in a piece of stunning landscape near Alice Springs; the image
in the following article does not quite match others the same that I have
saved..
Here we go ---  http://tinyurl.com/knpv76x

If you wish to look at this, I recommend not delaying. Chances are that the
page will be taken down before too long.

Who would have thought that the tiny device that I usually leave at home
when going out - and for which my daughter chides me - could in other
circumstances lead to my instant death. Talk about Big Brother watching
over you.

That time has indeed arrived.

Brian Swale