Re: [OM] It's Mid season Hybrid daylily time

Subject: Re: [OM] It's Mid season Hybrid daylily time
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:03:35 -0500
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM, <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Two of our favorite "late" blooming daylilies are very early again this
> year.
> Desiree is a Moldovan introduced in 1998.  Steve Moldovan who died in
> 2007, hybridized daylilies for 50 years and introduced many outstanding
> cultivars during his lifetime.
> Desiree re-blooms as well and might be Marnie's favorite.  Not sure I
> did it justice this time.  Thought you might want to see them though. I
> recall Joel even had nice shots of daylilies
> in his Olympus Odyssey shots.
>

> http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2633134135&k=f9pHZWr&lb=1&s=L
>

> http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2633134811&k=nhwRmXK&lb=1&s=L
>

> http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2634390692&k=X2xQkdg&lb=1&s=L

Trying to catch up with the list, having stumbled over life for a while
lately.  We had two weeks of flooding in June.  No real damage to hearth
and home, but just a bleeding nuisance of moving moving moving stuff stuff
stuff.  Lilies along the bank looked terrible and all hope was lost but
they are now in bloom.  Not their best year, but made absolutely marvelous
through the resilience of the plants themselves.

You get something of the flavor in the background of this recent portrait
of my daughter (though surprisingly a bit chattery with OM-5D and 85/2 at
around f4):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhzopwpsbqu9gg3/IMG_2031w.jpg

We don't have any of your hybrids that I know of but seem to have a couple
similar.  Friends divide theirs, we take them, and are grateful.  But no
pedigrees come with.

Joel W.