Re: [OM] IMG: Carrying Her Store on Her Head

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Carrying Her Store on Her Head
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:03:39 -0400
Thanks, Brian.  Yes, I'm using the new Camera Raw filter available through
PSCC.  Even though it should be the same processing as LR, it seems to sort
out the Kodachrome tones better for me.  The material on her head is not
really out of focus.  It is printed with a blurred pattern that makes my
eyes cross to look at it.  That was probably made with the Noctilux, my
most used lens.  I still wear the huipil when I give talks about Guatemala.
 I'm deleting all of the talk about 4x4's  ;-)

Thanks,

TIna

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tina wrote:
> > PESO:
> > This Kaqchikel woman walks from Santa Catarina Palopo to Panajachel every
> > day to sell her textiles which she carries on her head:
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/151333346
> > The material is not out of focus but printed with a blurred print.  I
> > ended up buying the beautiful blue and green huipil that she is wearing.
> >
> > C&C greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Tina
> AND
> > [OM] IMG: The Cabbage Seller
> > PESO:
> > One more before I quit for the night:
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/151337626
> > C&C greatly appreciated.
> > Tina
> Have you changed your work-flow / software? These two Kodachrome
> scans look pretty good, especially compared with recent problem ones.
>
> Re: the photo of the seller with her produce on her head -  the camera was
> focussed on her face which is in fairly sharp focus. Anything closer was
> out
> of focus to some degree - you must have been in quite close. Wide angle
> lens?
>
> Very nice top you bought. How has it stood the tests of time?
>
> How are you coping with the typical Zuikoholic chatter about 4x4's etc?
>
> Brian Swale
> --

Tina Manley