[OM] 16 Years of Digital Photography

Subject: [OM] 16 Years of Digital Photography
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 09:20:27 -0600
Yup. It's official. I've been shooting digitally for 16 years today.
How do I know this date, you ask?

It's DD#1's 16th birthday. In the hospital, I was shooting with my
video camera and used a tethered capture/digitizing device to get it
into the laptop computer which was right there. Pictures of the new
baby were emailed to friends and family within minutes of birth.

Yes, I know that technically, I might be stretching the digital camera
aspect a touch, because the camera itself was not officially a digital
camera, but I was capturing from the live output from the camera
directly through the digitizing card. Regardless of the hardware, I
was pioneering what we all are doing today with our cellphones.

Biggest thing in all this? The panic of being the father of a 16 year old girl.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx