[OM] IMG: Feeding After the Rain

Subject: [OM] IMG: Feeding After the Rain
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 15:59:55 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Since the old E-1 metering system quit talking to the shutter, I decided to see
if the camera worked reliably in Manual Mode.  I mounted the Leica Telyt-R
250/4 and grabbed the monopod and meter, and went out to look at the feeders.
I had just refilled them, so there were the usual visitors.

Insofar as I can tell, the shutter is reliable and accurate.

In keeping with discussions by Chuck, Moose, and others on the Oly list, I
installed a no-name battery that was bought on e**y and charged up a couple of
years ago.  It worked just fine.

These Cardinals monopolized the red feeder.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Feeding+Time_001.jpg.html

This female was willing to share the dropped seeds with the ever-present
sparrow.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Ground+Feeders.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols