Re: [OM] Macro light URL and LED's in general

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro light URL and LED's in general
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:36:00 +0000 (UTC)
It looks exactly like the one I received.  I wanted it for macro when hiking
around camp and not wanting to carry a flash, cables,etc.  And the price was
right.

        ----- Original Message -----  From: Andrew Fildes
<afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 20:52:03 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [OM] Macro light URL and LED's in general       Thanks mate - but
you only need to post the url up to the item number - the rest seems to be
'junk DNA'!   It's an interesting item but the JJC brand only seems to be
available from the US (I have a hood for the Oly mFT 45mm f1.8 witht hat brand
name).  I was looking for a seller in China (free postage) or closer to home
and found this one in Aus -
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Macro-Flexi-Lights-Flexible-Light-Stalks-NEW-/150967393065
  That would save me around $10 in postage!    I've become increasingly
interested in LED's and I'm playing with building my own panels at the moment.
But the other day I found some so-called 'Bat' lights in a hardware store chain
here. These are made for workmen as a utility light and feature two panels
which open
 out - hence the name. The hinge has a torch at one end as well and
rechargeable batteries inside. One click on the button ives you the torch, a
second changes to one panel and a third to both panels. Very bright indeed and
cold light - I'll be using two to light a cocoon for ebay and camera pix. 1.5
hours for both panels on a charge. They cost me $27 each and two would be good
enough for portrait work with a bit of white nylon as a diffuser. Haven't found
them on ebay yet or I'd bulk buy them and modify. Here it's a 'Click' brand Bat
light at Bunnings. The only disadvantage is the short life  on full power and
the fact that you can't use them while recharging so no AC mains power option.
I just need to make a c   lamp for them - something like a microphone holder
would do it.      I'm also playing with the light bulb/globe design offerred
out of China for around $5 post free - 2.5 to 7w. These are directional like a
spotlight because under a frosted palstic dome they have a disc
  of LED's and a tiny 12V power converter underneath it. I'mplanning to mount
several discs on a flat panel in parallel with their power converters with an
opal white acrylic sheet in front. Should be possible to make a small and
powerful flat panel floodlight.   Andrew Fildes  afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com  Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium -
http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813              On 05/07/2013, at 12:44 AM, Don
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130785113494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4107wt_904