[OM] Saturday Big Foot Flower

Subject: [OM] Saturday Big Foot Flower
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 21:48:57 -0400 (EDT)
Can't Leave It Moose writes:

Simply pulling down the top in Levels is much nicer, and then, well.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Usher/Nasturtium.htm>

Hmmm,

Noticed the histo center off to the left.  I don't use levels all that
often (probable error)  but seem to use a curves layer more now.  On
the later you used a gentle S shape?
It was late in the afternoon and it was largely back lit and my aim was
capture the glow towards the central third where the plane of focus was
placed and keep the
gently Big Foot blurred petals subdued.  I wanted it understated but
perhaps overdid the understatement. Big Foot loses some magic much
beyond F5.6 (there is a half stop setting to F8) though I may have
focus stacked for a similar Moose version if conditions permitted.
Curiously I did have some LCE and FM.   I did enjoy and learn from the
roll overs.
That all be said despite a strong lobbying preamble, Marnie quickly
chose the final Moose version as superior.

Just back from vet, Othello has some GI issue and was dehydrated.  Some
lactated ringers (I have more on my desk if needed), IV pepsid, Zofran,
and he looks much better. I blanched at the bill
but it was the proper course.
Still not his bossy self but I hope tomorrow he will be.

Mike