Re: [OM] Just another pano

Subject: Re: [OM] Just another pano
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:10:33 -0700
On 6/30/2013 10:24 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
> I understand entirely, Mike. What interested me in the pano in question was
> the stunning level of detail in the near to mid distance (from a 14-54 with
> teleconverter, even), which required a fairly large file, which in turn
> dictated use of Zoomify. But I accept that it also means that viewing the
> whole pano is a no-no. So the whole pano is available (although reduced
> resolution) on my Zone-10 gallery, in an Album "Panoramic shots". There are
> four versions from the same array of shots.

I'm ambivalent about such panos. Many, like this one, are beautiful work, in
both a technical and artistic sense. And
yet, there is no way to view them as a whole other than so tiny as to have no
affect.

Were I able to see them printed a few feet across, I think they would be
powerful. As it is, I just find them frustrating.

Of course, I continue, when faced with a broad, beautiful landscape, to take a
series of shots for a pano, but only
seldom actually stitch them. Once they are processed into a pano, I don't have
anything useful to do with them.

Blinders Moose