Re: [OM] IMG: From Neighbor's Yard

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From Neighbor's Yard
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:16:22 -0700
On 6/29/2013 4:13 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Lovely color on the Coreopsis (and very likely his Mooseness won't find
> a blown red channel).

Didn't even cross my mind. The eyes know, histogram only confirms and gives
details. :-)

Howsomever, I'm going to disagree with those who approve of the exposure. It is
indeed perfect for avoiding blown reds.
However, I suspect what we are seeing is not very close to what the flower
looks like to the eye.

When shooting bright colors with high red content, especially flowers, one must
often use an exposure that is too low
for everything else, then bring up overall exposure in post.

I can't tell from here, our Coreopsis (pl?) are YELLOW, but I'm betting it
looked more like this.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/Coreopsis.htm>

OK, I left the background under, to highlight the flower.

Bright Moose