Re: [OM] OT: About the Professions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: About the Professions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:17:01 -0700
On 6/28/2013 9:51 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
>       We occasionally have short discussions about problems in various
> professions, and this morning I ran across the following news stories:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-57591308/why-companies-hate-geniuses/
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-57443315/why-geniuses-dont-have-jobs/

Hmmm. I guess I could use the Marianne Williamson quote here, too.

I believe we are all geniuses, but all too seldom encouraged to develop our
unique, individual talents. All too often
actively discouraged. And not valued when we do.

Is the story told in the links one of a culture that is afraid of its own
genius? Of those more afraid of losing what
little they have in the possibility of what they might have?

Q.E.D Moose