Re: [OM] OT: About the Professions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: About the Professions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 06:31:50 +0100
It's a problem that arises, in part, at least, from the way the Brits and the
Americans runs their businesses: from year to year, and to satisfy the
shareholders in the short term.  If they didn't the companies would be taken
over.  I understand that other countries, particularly Germany, manage to run
their businesses for the medium term and their employers and customers enjoy
the benefits.

It's one of the reasons that I am not as enamoured with modern buildings as
Nathan, perhaps.  They are often now built to be depreciated over a shortish
period, meaning that they will be pulled down before long, as well as looking
pretty bad from Day 30 onwards . . .

I'll try and think of some more broad generalisations while I'm away in France
next week :-)

Chris