Re: [OM] Fang?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fang?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 10:41:57 -0400
Update to below since I just found the announcement material for the
C-8080.
<http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_pressDetails.asp?pressNo=303>
  It has its own tele adapter (TCON14D), wide adapter (WCON-08D) and
conversion lens adapter tube (CLA-8).  No close-up lens or step-up ring
is mentioned.

C-8080 user manuals are here
<http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_manuals.asp?id=961>

For C models prior to the C-8080 there was a macro adapter (40cm 55mm
close-up lens - same as OM gear???) and 1.4 and 1.7X teleconverters and
also a 0.7X wide converter.  Depending on model there were two different
adapter tubes required to mount the converter lenses (CLA-1/CLA-4).  The
converter lenses are 55mm screw-on and, depending on which adapter tube
you need, you may also need a step-up ring (SUR-4355) which, based on
the model number, is probably a 43->55mm.

I have the instruction sheets for these accessories stored in a folder
called "Accessories for C, D & E series digital".  I'm not sure why I
names it that since the instruction sheets only reference C series
models.  They also do not reference the C-8080.  I don't know why that
is unless the C-8080 doesn't need them or the instruction sheets I have
were created before the C-8080 was developed.

Since these are simply screw-on supplementary lenses they may be usable
on any camera but the existence and length of the illistrated adapter
tubes (which screw onto the main lens) indicates a spacing requirement
between the two lenses.

Chuck Norcutt