Re: [OM] (OM) New image uploaded

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) New image uploaded
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:44:44 -0600
The short answer is that you DID overcook the gamma. Basically, you
lifted the lower tones by multiple stops. The E-3's sensor is known
for that banding, so nothing about this photograph suprises me.

Personally, I would have run curves on the image to lift the lighter
tones, but leave the lower ones near where they are at. Not sure the
sky has provided enough information to be useful, so I would have kept
it lower and let the image go "rich".

"Back in the day", an exposure like this would have been taken with
Provia or even Velvia. I would have spot-metered the snow cap and
placed it +2.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx