Re: [OM] (OM) New image uploaded

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) New image uploaded
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:32:31 -0400
Better use a tripod next time as you may need an 8-16 second exposure as
ISO 100-200 to clean up the noise.  But I'm not sure how the E-3 will
respond to long exposure which can produce its own noise.  The Canon 5D
has a noise reduction feature for long exposure.  It operates by taking
the real exposure and then a second exposure of the same length but with
the shutter closed.  Any pixel illumination with the shutter closed is
noise and that's subtracted from the image exposure.

I just checked the E-M5 manual and see that it also has this function
which has [auto] [on] and [off] settings under noise reduction.  When in
auto mode it operates automatically for long (not defined) exposures.  I
see that the E-3 manual offers a similar function under noise reduction
but does not appear to have an auto mode.

Chuck Norcutt