Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:04:02 +1000
It is pretty stringent here. For a car you get a learner's permit when you're
17 but can't sit the test until you're 18. If you pass, you have to display a
red P plate (Provisional) for the first year and a green P for the next two.
During that period, you will lose your licence if you are breath tested and
have ANY alcohol reading at all. There are also rules about the number of
people you have in the car and a limit on the power to weight ratio of the car.
It's quite easy to lose your licence in that period for offences that would
gain the rest of us a fine and demerit points only.
For a motorcycle you have to undergo a short course and then be on a learner's
permit for at least a year before you sit the actual test - which takes two
days - one theory, one practical. Then it's the same P plate requirement and I
suspect that you can't have a pillion passenger for the first year. And that
would apply to me at my age too - no exceptions. The postal workers who deliver
on 125cc 'Postie' bikes have to go through it when they start.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813