Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:57:53 -0400
I believe the post is dated Feb. 2012, just before the Maine caucuses. Alas, I
never bothered to register my photos (though that may change now), but I
suspect I can get that one registered before tomorrow afternoon at the very
latest. Seems like it's an easy process now. Can all be done online.

Getting a snail mail address is going to be difficult. They've taken down all
their contact information, and the date on whois.com is a bit incomprehensible.
I think part of it is an address, but I can't make it out. It does have an
email address, however. I'll did a little deeper and see if the organization is
recorded at the Federal Elections Commission. That may give me the address I
want.

Billing them will be mostly a bluff, as I could not afford a top-notch
copyright lawyer, and I'm guessing a little-viewed post on a losing candidate's
web site is not going to smell very lucrative to a good lawyer. But then I
could be wrong. It might be more fun t just abuse them on Facebook and other
places as the 1 percent stealing from the little guy again.

Got a good recommendation for a copyright lawyer to use for advice. He lives in
the area, used to be part of a large firm and decided he'd rather live smaller
in Maine. We have a lot of that around here. She told me this guy may even give
advice for free.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal