Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:16:22 -0400
The first thing to do is get a screen capture and try to figure out how
long they have used the photo without permission.  If you have registered
the image with the copyright office, a lawyer will take your case and you
won't have to pay anything.  If you have not registered the image, I would
recommend doing that as soon as possible.  Then send a bill for usage and
inform them that they are using a registered photo without permission.  Go
to any stock agency and put the usage in for the time you think the photo
has been used.  Then triple that since they have violated your copyright.
 Send the bill by registered mail.

Good luck!

Tina

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hum.
>
> Go here:
>
> http://mittromneycentral.com
>
> Then, under categories, go to Maine and click, or just click here:
>
> http://mittromneycentral.com/category/states/maine/
>
> Scroll leisurely down the page until you come to a photograph of a certain
> lighthouse all of you have seen many times. Notice there is a photo credit.
> Be advised that at no time and under no circumstances did I give permission
> for this photo to be used, nor have I signed a contract or been paid a
> royalty fee.
>
> An attorney I know has recommended a good copyright attorney who lives in
> the area, but I know that's going to be expensive. She also recommended I
> contact mittromneycentral and demand the photo be taken down, and if they
> comply that's probably the best I can hope for.
>
> I know some of you have at least studied this phenomenon before, and I
> thought I'd come here first.
>

> --Bob Whitmire
> Registered Neanderthal
>
> --