Re: [OM] Question for Ken: E-1 Exposure Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for Ken: E-1 Exposure Problem
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:15:56 -0600
> I was hesitant to try the Resets, because I have never used Custom Resets.

Those Custom Resets simply rock. I use them all the time. It takes
only a couple of seconds to completely change the configuration to a
known and trusted setting. About the only thing it doesn't control is
the exposure mode and auto-focus mode, because those have dedicated
controls. Everything else is storable.

My Custom Reset 1 is for ISO 100, RAW, Daylight WB, and everything
else setup to mimick Fujichrome Velvia. It's what I use most of the
time.

My Custom Reset 2 is for ISO 400, RAW, Daylight WB, and everything
else setup for flash photography (portrait/event).

My Custom Reset 3 and 4 get changed up depending on what's going on.
Often times, if I'm doing an event, I'll set it to ISO 800 with an
auto exposure set to -1 to -2 stops. The flash is set for full subject
exposure and I let the auto exposure set the background.

The problem with doing a Custom Reset 0 is that it wipes out your
other Custom Resets. In the heat of the moment, it's far too easy to
do 0 instead of 1. Certainly an engineering flaw, but one that you
only do 3 or 4 hundred times before you get the message.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx