Re: [OM] IMG: The Wife's Favorite

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Wife's Favorite
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:03:40 -0400
Taking the Bear Tooth Highway on the approach to the Northeast entrance
to Yellowstone National Park you reach a peak elevation of 10,947 feet
near the Montana/Wyoming border.  My wife and I drove that in 2008 in
our 2006 Buick Lucerne.  The car never skipped a beat and easily pulled
the mountains even at the peak.  I say thanks to computer controlled
fuel injection vs carburetors.  The same cannot be said of the car's
inhabitants.  Near the peak we were both feeling a bit strange... that's
the only way I can describe it.  I pulled over and parked for about 20
minutes during which we both seemed to adapt to the altitude and be
rejuvenated.  No more problem after that.  While the roads had been
cleared we were also marveling at the 8-10" of snow still on the ground
from the previous week.  The date was September 17.

Chuck Norcutt