Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:49:21 -0400
Slow down and read more closely, pardner.  It says:
"Last week I reported that Olympus is helping Sony in developing new
A-mount lenses. The first co-developed lens will be the 400mm f/4.0
A-mount lens (to be launched in early 2014). And now according to
multiple sources Olympus is also sharing their knowledge of the 5 axis
image stabilization to Sony. All next A-mount cameras will have a so
called “5-axis SSM”. This is a further and more advanced development of
the current E-M5 system and it has been designed for Full Frame sensor."

NEX lenses are "E mount".  "A mount" lenses are Konica/Minolta/Sony DSLR
lenses, both 1.5X and full frame.  No NEX involvement apparent here.  It
fits the Sony DSLR thing because that system is already in-body IS.
Sony is already making money from proprietary E mount lenses.  I do not
see proprietary Sony changing their habits any time soon.  The only hope
of marriage between a full frame mirrorless sensor and 5-axis in-body IS
would have to come from a new full-frame line from Olympus.  AG could
not be tempted since he'll no longer be buying Olympus or OM-D
E-Mfullframe version 1 cameras.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt