Re: [OM] (OM) OT HDD docking station images

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT HDD docking station images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 09:13:00 -0400
My eSATA cables are 1 meter long (including the connectors).  They are
what was included with the Thermaltake BlackX docking stations (I have two)

The spec allows a maximum length of 2 meters.  Newegg has lots of cables
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100016766%20600020234%20600020280&IsNodeId=1&name=eSATA&Tpk=eSATA%20cable>

  There seems to be only one at full length spec of 2 meters but 6 feet
(slightly less) is quite common.  Note that the Newegg pages imply that
up to 16-20 feet might be available but these are errors in the
classificiation listings.  Actual length turns out to be 16 inches, not
16 feet.

Amazon also sells them
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_11?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=esata+cable&sprefix=eSATA+cable%2Ccomputers%2C198>

I don't know if you can order from these companies or not.  I could
forward one to you via US Mail but the mailing cost to NZ would be about
12 USD in addition to the shipping and product cost from Amazon or Newegg.

Chuck Norcutt