Re: [OM] Olympus Macro review.

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Macro review.
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 11:52:16 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I don't understand what this is supposed to show us.  You say the Nikon
> scanner can do a better job than the 5D II with 80/4 but the 4000ED
> image you show us is quite small and labeled 300dpi.

Sorry, it was a typo, the Nikon scan was done at 3000dpi. Since I was making
around 10,000 scan, 4000dpi 16bit tiff will occupy too much space so I did
most of my scanning at 3000dpi.

> The 5D II images are much larger but seem to me to be mostly grain.  If
> the grain is resolved don't we have everything there is to get from the
> image?

You can look at the roofs details, some finer roofs is clearly visible on
the Nikon scan but marginal on the 1:1 5D II copy, while the magnified (~2x
with macro adapter) copy shown more details. I'm sure with better slides and
better lens (the Sigma wasn't the best) it will require higher resolution
copy/scanning system to review all the details.

C.H.Ling