[OM] OM-6D?

Subject: [OM] OM-6D?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:49:44 -0400 (EDT)
Fire ant pursued AG writes.

I believe the 6D is able to take a Kats-Eye screen? Is that true?

Takes same screens as OM5DII. Rachael at Katz eye in a previous
communication implied they don't think it is worth trying to make FF
Canyon FS's. There are 3rd party treatments to brighten a screen and
probably some prism ones but that fouls up the exposure readings.
Microadjusted chipped adpater on 5DIII is about as good as precison
screen on OM5DII as best I can tell by paying attention to a month of
posts with FM alt lensers and my experience with the latter cam. No
idea on how microadjusted chipped adapters do on the 6D. Canyon could
offer a few more choices of screens, IMO. Don't forget about the shims
if necessary--ugh, ugh.

Don't hold your breath for a Katzeye 6D screen
Quote from RK communication about 4 years ago:

"The Eg-S screen gains it’s better manual focusing by having a better
diffusion profile on the matte surface, what some would call ‘focus
contrast’. Basically, in a nutshell, things that are out of focus
appear more out of focus in the viewfinder when the screen has higher
focus contrast. All methods of increasing brightness, ours included,
result in a loss of some of that focus contrast. Different methods lose
different amounts of contrast for a given increase in brightness, and I
do happen to think that the OptiBrite process is among the best in that
regard. But no matter what the method, the gist of what you’re doing is
making the Eg-S more like the Eg-A. You can hit some point in-between
the Eg-A and Eg-S in terms of both brightness and contrast, but you’re
not going to get the brightness of the Eg-A with the contrast of the
Eg-S… physics just won’t allow it. To answer your question directly, we
could theoretically apply the OptiBrite process to the Eg-S (or A)
screens, but we don’t have an established set of parameters and many
screens would have to be sacrificed to determine the optimum run
conditions. Given the relatively low likelihood of coming up with
something better than either of the two Canon offerings, I really don’t
think it would be worth it. "

2-13 screen is still better, Mike