Re: [OM] Chuck's "Spring done sprung" up on TOPE2

Subject: Re: [OM] Chuck's "Spring done sprung" up on TOPE2
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 23:20:01 +1200
Chuck wrote:

> I posted a few photos the other day from the yard where blossoms were not
> yet open.  Well, time has moved on and spring has done sprung.
>
> I was actually going to title this "Macro without a macro" because I was
> very impressed with the m.Zuiko 14-150 as a macro lens when set to 150mm.
> I don't shoot much macro and hadn't tried this lens up close but... it can
> get pretty close for a 150mm lens even without tubes (which I don't have
> yet).  Check 'em out.  Shot around the yard after an overnight rain.
>
> A dozen shots here: <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=5260>
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Were it not for that I'm not one who gives up easily; and if I did what then
would I do with myself  ...  ?

Those shots with the OM-D have amazing detail and colour.

I thought I did OK with the E-3 a couple of weeks ago - until these.

BTW, the baby pine cones are certainly baby cones - male pollen cones; but
on a pine they are not, It's either a spruce or a fir. I'd be interested to see
what the female cones look like...

Brian Swale