Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 9/5/2013: performing for the crowd

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 9/5/2013: performing for the crowd
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 08:41:29 +1000
It's mostly iron ore that does the trick.
However, I also give credit to some interesting fiscal strategies.
A prevous conservative government saved a large slush fund when times were
good, 'for a rainy day'.
When that day arrived, the subsequent Labor government actually gave it away to
get cash into circulation.
I got a $1000 (spent it on a lens!). Pensioners got two gifts.
And we were urged to go out and spend it.
It seems to have been a perfect (Keynsian?) response.
Smug? Yeh, why not?  :-)
GFC?  What crisis?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx