Re: [OM] [OT} Re: Strange message from an ebay seller

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT} Re: Strange message from an ebay seller
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 19:36:19 -0400
I must admit that I was mildly amused but I didn't regard it strange
from the English used but rather that he stated that the product was in
some way out of spec.  Whether true or not I have no idea.  I asked him
when he expected to have conforming product in stock and the answer was
a surprising 3 weeks.  I wasn't willing to wait that long and canceled
the order.  My payment was quickly and cheerfully refunded to PayPal.
He apologized for the problem and said perhaps he could offer me a
discount some time on some other product.

That left me without an order for extension tubes.  I initially
considered ordering the same thing from another supplier since it had
been my understanding the the tubes were all metal construction.
However, another ad for those same tubes stated the construction was
metal and *plastic*.  I also considered that I might encounter the same
sort of problem with another seller of the same product.

I decided to try something else and placed an order for these
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261212239529&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160>

  Material described only as metal.
I thought these looked very familiar so I invite you to do a close
comparison of those with these $179 Kenko auto tubes at B&H.  The only
difference I can find (aside from the name on the tubes) is that the
Meike tubes don't appear to have a threaded/corrugated(?) baffle tube.
But even that's not clear.  If I reduce the size of the Kenko image the
threads/corrugations disappear as the resolution is reduced.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/162616-USA/Canon_2577A002AA_100_400mm_f_4_5_5_6L_IS_USM.html>
I'll let y'all know how they turn out after they get here in 10 days or so.

Chuck Norcutt