Re: [OM] El Paso repairs [was Extended guarantee.]

Subject: Re: [OM] El Paso repairs [was Extended guarantee.]
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 17:46:40 -0400
Repairing a digital camera is very time consuming if done the way the
manufacturer intended.  And this would be the way Olympus factory
service used to do it.  A shop that is paid by the piece may install a
new main circuit and "initialize" it with the most basic default
step-one firmware.  This will not address focus settings, exposure,
white balance etc.,  the camera "works" and the customer may never know
and the "tech" can put the repair on his work sheet and get paid for it.
  Something really stinks about this.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  | omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx