Re: [OM] OT: eVilBay Spoofing\

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eVilBay Spoofing\
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 12:59:13 -0700
On 5/6/2013 7:05 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Makes YOU wish ... Doesn't make ME wish.
> I may love my cameras from that era, but I certainly don't love the
> computer programs, operating systems, etc., from that era. I lived
> through it doing software support and training.
>
> HOWEVER, specialized, single-purpose programs were generally a whole
> lot easier to train people on and use.

Sure, and I wrote some of those, as well as doing training and support for them.

I still don't want to go back.

There will always be some rough edges as OSs and apps progress. (Then again,
I've never had a hitch with Vista.)

Then there are the magical moments, like a free app for Android that magically
Wi-Fi connects to the free ebook manager
on my desktop to give me immediate access to my hundreds of virtual books.
Transferring to iThingies is much more trouble.

How hard is Java? I see a niche for an Android app for photographers that I
need and doesn't seem to exist. :-)

Forward Looking Moose