Re: [OM] OT: eVilBay Spoofing\

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eVilBay Spoofing\
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 16:24:44 +0300 (GMT+03:00)

>What David said :-) That, and you can always run Windows in a virtual (XP
>happens to perform *better* in a virtual than it did as the installed OS on
>a couple of machines on which I have installed it) in order to run any
>must-have applications. All the benefits of Linux and Windows that way, and
>no re-booting required. Snapshot the virtual once you've got it running as
>desired, with all the patches and your applications installed, and you can
>recover from any Windows madness in mere moments.

     My experiences with Win7 have been much different.  Most of my engineering
software will not work under it properly, even with the WinXP emulator.  And
you can forget using Corel PhotoPaint entirely.  If you try to open a file,
Win7 shuts it down.  That's not acceptable.

     And then there's the Mexican Jumping Cursor problem.

     As soon as I get WinXP back on the primary hard drive, I'm going to clone
it onto this backup hard drive and be done with Win7 forever.

Chris