Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs! (long, but worth reading)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs! (long, but worth reading)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 01:53:06 +1200
Chuck wrote

> You are deluding yourself.  Who were the researchers, how was this
> determined, where are their research papers and, especially, why is this
> not the case with the Masai and Samburu peoples whose diet is largely
> meat, milk and blood.  They've never seen a seal or a whale let alone eat
> one.  :-)  Dr. Ignarro *is* a research scientist.  He not only should know
> better but does.  I think you do too.
>
> Try this on for size. <http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth3.htm>  And please note
> that it has actual research papers referenced to back up the data.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 5/3/2013 5:32 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> > I guess that one of the things I learned early in my academic life is
> > that where there are divergent opinions, often the final answer lies
> > somewhere in the middle.
> >
> > Before I forget, Dr Ignarro wrote in his book, page 143. Quote verbatim:
> > THE ALASKAN PARADOX For many years, researchers were puzzled by the fact
> > that the Eskimos of Greenland and the Native Americans in Alaska ate a
> > substantial amount of whale blubber and seal meat and had very little
> > heart disease. Finally they were able to solve the mystery. Among the
> > fats in seal meat and whale blubber is a profusion of heart-healthy
> > omega-3 fatty acids, which work to maintain low blood pressure and LDL
> > cholesterol, while encouraging the body's natural production of HDL and
> > discouraging the formation of plaque and blood clots in the
> > cardiovascular system. End of quote. The limited selection of listed
> > references do not include any to this.

It seems to me that we are doing what I have heard called "talking past each
other".

I read through all the pages linked to that one you gave me by Ravnskov,
and closely scanned the titles of practically all of the refs he quoted. I
downloaded many of them and looked through them. And BTW, many of his
links are dead.

What I found is that all of the papers he quoted / referred to are concerned
with such matters as fat, lipids, cholesterol, statins HDL, LDL, and so on.

I did not find even one reference among them which mentioned nitric oxide,
L-argenine or L-citrulline, or quoted Drs Muraz,  Ignarro, Furchgott, the
Nobel prize winners of 15 years ago, or the three prime researchers at
Stanford mentioned by Dr Prendergast;  John Farquar, head of preventable
Medicine, Dr Victor Dzau (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Dzau)
http://www.choiceforliving.com/doctors_talk_details.php?id=2
http://www.pmrf.org/projects/larginine.pdf  ( has many references)
http://www.erasedisease.com/resource/Dr_Joe_Open_Letter.pdf
and Dr John Cooke.

The material I have been looking at involves and protects the vascular
system with NO, L-arginine and L-citrulline by preventing fats and
cholesterol from causing damage to the endothelium, and where that
damage exists, undoing it.

So, if this essentially natural intervention takes place earlier in the damage
sequence, what's the point in debating such things as cholesterol if they are
thereby rendered powerless to do damage?

I notice that Uffe Ravnskov uses references from a New Zealand academic
- I might try discussing this with him - "William E. Stehbens is a professor at
the Department of Pathology, Wellington School of Medicine, and director of
the Malaghan Institute of Medical Research in Wellington, New Zealand".

Brian Swale