Re: [OM] OT: Trainee Barista

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Trainee Barista
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 15:36:53 -0700
On 4/27/2013 5:20 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I was talking to a woman the other day - she had a Canon something or other,
> one of those fixed lens, long zoom pseudo-SLR compacts. She asked me what
> this weird piece of plastic was around the front half of the lens. It didn't
> seem to do anything, got in the way and kept coming off. Was it a protective
> cover? No, Lea, it's the lens hood mounted in reverse.
> "Er, what's a lens hood?"

We've had house guests, a couple from Canada for 6 days and now a friend from
Maine for 5. So I'm behind on the list
again, and we were out at an interesting botanical garden yesterday.

Sensibly under an arbor, one woman, probably mother, was trying to take a pic
of another, likely her daughter, and
clearly having trouble. I offered to take their pic together. She said thanks,
but she kept getting an error message,
which she showed me, 'Internal Storage Full'.

I asked about the card. She was unsure if she had it in, and handed me the
camera. It didn't take long to find the
problem; the card was inserted wrong end in. The designers of SD cards made it
impossible to put in with the contacts on
the wrong side, but not wrong end in. Of course, it wouldn't latch in, but the
door would close over it ...

With the card in correctly, I took a snap of them together and went on my merry
way, followed by encomiums wafting on
the breeze.

I saw them a few times as we wandered, happily taking snaps of the gardens. I
felt good. :-)

Tech Support Moose