Re: [OM] : Re: IMG: Mockingbird via Layers

Subject: Re: [OM] : Re: IMG: Mockingbird via Layers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:08:26 -0400
The light can almost always be better but I don't blame the light for
the problem with the background bokeh on the mockingbird image.  It was
just the luck of the draw.  I didn't intend that pun but a particular
lens and particular aperture and particular distance can make a
delightful, pleasingly soft drawing of the out of focus background or a
truly ugly thing that hurts the eyes.

The same lens at a different distance, different focal length, different
aperture, etc might have produced something much better.

Ergo, post-production to the rescue.

Chuck Norcutt